Mississippi Nurses Project
View the Mississippi Nurses Foundation annual report for the Mississippi State Department of Health Office of Tobacco Control: Tobacco-Free Mississippi…Engaging Mississippi’s Nurses Project by clicking the link below.
Paul Moak Volvo is very proud to continue its partnership with the Mississippi Nurses Foundation as the sponsor of the 2013 MNF raffle fundraiser “Nurses and Volvos both save lives!” “We are continually impressed with the Foundation’s work to assist and support nurses and nursing students throughout the state in the form of scholarships and continuing education. The 2012 MNF/Volvo raffle is your chance to not only participate in and support these efforts, but potentially win a brand new car, dream vacation, or a cash prize in the process,” said John Scarbrough, Vice President of Paul Moak Automotive, Inc.
The First Prize Option: Get excited about the 2014 Volvo XC60!
The 5-passenger Volvo XC60 crossover takes safety, fuel efficiency, and luxury design to a new level. To keep up with its dynamic design, athletic purpose, and surprising agility, engineers at Volvo equipped this highly capable crossover with a world’s first in automotive safety innovations. The XC60 is the car that stops itself in order to prevent collisions in stop-and-go traffic. At 31 mph or less, City Safety, which comes standard on every XC60 model, detects a stopped or slower-moving car in front of you, and applies the brakes. But if being smart, swift and powerful isn’t enough, there’s the attractive beauty. With Scandinavian simplicity, the XC60’s award-winning interior is full of beauty and surprises, including folding rear seats for additional versatility and storage.
We invite you to visit us at Paul Moak Volvo located off of I-55 & High Street in Jackson and test drive the S60 to learn more about the vehicle and the three-year lease prize.
The Second Prize Option: A seven-day European dream vacation. This trip-of-a-lifetime includes first-class hotel accommodations, as well as roundtrip airfare for two on Scandinavian Airlines or British Airways from your home to Gothenburg, Sweden, the home of Volvo. Vibrant Gothenburg, the gateway to West Sweden, is a coastal city with a lively cultural scene, stylish shopping, and a fast-growing reputation as a foodie hotbed. Discover quaint canals, the cobbled streets of historical Haga and countless green open spaces, including Sweden’s largest
botanical gardens, boasting over 16,000 species. Immerse yourself in the Swedish lifestyle, soaking up the buzzing outdoor café culture, indulging in food markets and fine restaurants, and visiting impressive museums.
The Third Prize Option: A $10,000 cash prize is the third option available to the raffle winner, and will be administered by MNF.
How to Buy a $50 Ticket: Online, at Paul Moak Volvo or call the Nurses Foundation office at 601-898-0850.
Now it’s your turn to buy raffle tickets and help us spread the word about this fun, incredible opportunity to support nursing throughout our great state. We hope to see you at the MNA
Convention in Biloxi on October 25th for the raffle drawing. Who knows…you may be the winner of brand new Volvo!
To Purchase Tickets Call (601) 898-0850
From Our Executive Director
Last year I shared with you that we were on the road to “total greatness” and it could not be accomplished without you. Well, I’m excited to let you know that once again, you’ve come through and I am so proud of you!.
This year has been like a Best-Selling Novel, full of suspense, drama, excitement and fun. We’ve accomplished some amazing things and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for us.
During convention 2011, I shared MNFs mew mission statement: to raise, accept and disperse charitable donations to promote professional nursing and better health in Mississippi. Let me assure you that we have done just that. We’ve engaged some extraordinary nurses and partnered with non-healthcare organizations to promote nursing and raise money in non-traditional, yet effective ways:
- We increased the number of schools and school nurses helping us fight germs and diseases through our High Five Hand Washing Project. This project teaches proper hand washing to elementary children in order for them to be healthier and develop a lifelong health habit.
- Our Continuing Education approval process is almost green. LOL, we’re getting there! We tripled the number of Continuing Education Approved Providers and the number of applications for 2012. This accomplishment allows more nurses the opportunity for professional development and growth.
- We’ve increased our visibility in schools of nursing throughout the state by offering scholarships to every school of nursing in the state, by attending the SON Awards Day Programs and Pinning Ceremony to present the award. We love our schools of nursing!
- We increased the attendance at MNA/MNF Annual Nightingale Awards. For the first time in seven years, it was a Sell-Out. Thank you nurses! Let’s do it again this year.
- We collaborated with professionals from varied organizations to assist us in creating a more visible presence within our community. For example, with the design of MNF Facebook page, raffling a 2012 Volvo S60, hosting an art show, and speaking engagements, we were able to share the services and programs of the Foundation across the State.
None of the above accomplishments would be possible without you and the support of an awesome Board of Trustees. I appreciate you all for allowing me to take some risks for the greater good. We made it through without a bruise.
I need your continued support in 2013 as we make our first BLOCK BUSTER MOVIE starring Mississippi Nurses!