Celebrate Mississippi nurses during
“National Nurses Week” – May 6-12, 2017
From Our Executive Director
It is an honor for me to write about the successes of the Mississippi Nurses Foundation and how your support and contributions Touched Lives. The vision of MNF is to be the charitable organization in the state of Mississippi that is most influential in impacting the professional image of nursing, sponsoring continuing nursing education, and funding for nursing.
Below is a snapshot of our successes for 2016:
- Created a new successful fundraising (Music That Heals) event in Cleveland, MS.
- We awarded $102,000 through our Nurses Car Tag program by increasing the number of scholarships to schools of nursing; which support nursing students and nurses advancing their education.
- We developed a new funding source through a wine basket fundraiser.
- Provided scholarships to nineteen schools of nursing through the Emma Burdonne Young School of Nursing Scholarship to award $19,000 to nursing students.
- Supported twenty nurses to attend MNA Annual Convention in Biloxi, MS through the MSDH Office of Tobacco Control grant.
- We supported new organizations in developing quality continuing education courses for registered nurses in Mississippi.We continued our collaboration with the Mississippi Department of Health Office of Tobacco Control to engage nursing students and nurses about the dangers of tobacco usage.
With your continued support and tax-deductible donations we will continue to expand our program and increase the number of scholarships that are awarded annually.